twitter facebook rss email

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

"Relax, I've got this..." (an excerpt from HARDER WE FADE)

Here's a teaser from the upcoming new installment in the FADE series. As with all early excerpts, this is a rough draft version. When the final edit is done, this will very likely undergo some changes, but lots of people are asking for snippets/teasers/excerpts/etc., so I wanted to share something with you, and here it is....

HARDER WE FADE

Amazon US
Amazon UK

Excerpt (This takes place in the offices of the movie production company, where Olivia is now working with Max.)



Max came into my office and closed the door behind him.

“Are we ordering in?” I asked.

Earlier, we had discussed going out to eat, but it looked like he wanted to stay in. I just had no idea why, at the moment.

“I already have,” he said. “It should be here shortly.”

“Good. I’m starving.” I was looking down at my desk again, going over the storyboards. “Some of these don’t match up with the script.”

He didn’t say anything, and I didn’t look up to see why.

“Did you change some of these?” I asked.

“You don’t have to do that, Liv.”

“I know, but I started to look at them and the changes…I don’t know. They’re not right.”

Max was the epitome of perfectionism when it came to making sure the script was right and all the actors had the final shooting version. But he didn’t seem to care at the moment, which I found strange.

I looked up.

As he came around to my side of the desk, it was one of those times when the sight of his physique struck me as though I were looking at him for the first time. The way his casual, untucked, dark blue shirt clung to his shoulders and muscular arms. The way the buttons begged to be unfastened to reveal his smooth, firm chest. The way his beige linen slacks hung perfectly from his waist….

Max held out a hand and I took it, rising at his urging.

He pulled me into his arms, kissing me in a teasing way, nipping at my lips and finally taking my tongue into his mouth and sucking on it.

When his lips moved to my neck, I said, “I thought last night would have been enough to tide you over until at least tonight.”

“Not even close,” he said, his breath hot on my throat. “Do you want me to stop?”

“What it matter if I said yes?”

“No,” he said.

He held me tightly, possessively, and turned me around to face the window. Outside, people walked down the sidewalk just feet from my window, separated only by a short hedgerow of shrubbery, and the faintly tinted window of my office. It wasn’t completely darkened, so passersby could see in if they looked hard enough.

The bustling crowds of people on their way to lunch or meetings or sight-seeing moved quickly down the sidewalk, not appearing to have the slightest hint of what was going on behind that tinted window, but if someone stopped and looked for more than a few seconds, they would easily be able to make out my hands pressed to the glass, probably my face, and maybe Max standing behind me, too.

“I think they can see,” I said.

Max lifted the back of my skirt but didn’t say anything.

“Max…”

I felt his erection straining against his fine linen pants as he pressed his body to mine.

“Relax,” he said in a stern whisper. “I’ve got this.”


Release date: July 17, 2013



 

©2012 Kate Dawes | Website Designed by Website Design Credit | All Rights Reserved

Powered by Blogger